Saturday, April 18, 2015

Eviction Notice



I’m being asked to leave a fellowship group. Are the member’s evil or disingenuous? Not necessarily. In another setting they would join forces with my vast network of friends and all six of us could group think ourselves into oblivion while the rest of the world remains oblivious of our current theological preoccupations. A person who has been an ambiguous facebook associate since 2010 took no interest until I requested to join her special interest coalition. To be fair, I took no previous initiative either. And then once I made my opinion known it was a short walk through the eviction process. I was advised to join a group that was closer to representing my views. Well there is not such group. Even those (who I love dearly) who are in the 35-85% range agreement wise are busy hoeing their own corn or chasing off their own crows. If we are to confront the world, what part of confrontation doesn’t involve difficult dialog? If the world is to be successfully welcomed into the Apostate Church and the State Church is ever broadening their mutual concession agenda, what part of a worst case superfluous conversation, void of the cross, the resurrection and inerrancy of the Gospel, will be free of offensive speech? A good facebook friend was rightfully brooding over my temperament regarding what must have seemed like a mass condemnation of our fallen nature while finding little to favorably call attention to among the best of us. After all, what is good about the best of us? But I may not be a qualified applicant to that group either and so far, I haven’t been invited to join.

  

 “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.” Mat 10:34-36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Your Blessings & Thank You