Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Abnormally Normal Thorns in the Side


Thorns in the side, aside, I must comment on those suffering from mental oddities or are merely a graduate of a nonconforming version of extreme behavioral independence. Due to being saddled with an alphabet styled prognosis that used a lot of A’s and D’s, I was a recipient of such adolescent labeling. The long term effects present either a mild form of Autisim or some unidentified anomaly associated with creative schizophrenia. Being abnormal is not enjoyable. It involves social dysfunction, behavioral improprieties but thanks to the word of God, it now features a Vocally Enhanced Relationship Meltdown Modifier. Outside of the loneliness, lack of social interaction and chemical imbalances there “is” no official suffering. I have not (yet) suffered for my moral beliefs or political views; I have all the comforts of a safe survival, a few associates who tolerate my antics and there’s a possibility that there may be some time left on the meter. I do not go hungry; I have clean clothes, a bed to sleep in and a car to drive. I even have a library, can read and own a few books. I am blessed above some of my neighbors and have been spared from prison, a wheel chair and debt. I’m not depressed, violent or suicidal; although I have bombed on stage, on several occasions. All I can surmise from all the above is that two out of every American “suffer” from some form of mental illness; the other eight of us have learned either to cope with it, endure it or milk it for all it’s worth. By God’s grace the term “suffering” doesn’t even fit into the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Your Blessings & Thank You