Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Odds & Ends from a Disturbed Journal Part 0

I shall now turn a corner & go around what was once the least of my abilities & try this new lane for awhile. Thank you for your support.. T. LaVigne 9-8-10

July 30, 2010 Friday 1230pm
I struggle to put into words the pain of knowing how to lie. It seems we do it with such skill. We embellish only enough to fool anyone who has been trapped by our cunning. Toledo Blade, last Saturday, ran an advertisement for a 2 day seminar that costs $265 to go to. Bro. Stair is using his influence to get people to move to Walterboro, SC & me.. I write stuff on FB to make a point & get a laugh. I need to be taken out & left out. Everywhere I turn preachers (even the best) have an angle or are selling something. A pastor in Toledo sells coffee. It’s called Holy Roast Coffee & he will send it with his CD’s if only we can afford to give. I’m on my last nerve & will attempt to remove myself from the flow of any more of my spiritual, historical or political levity.


August 16, 2010 Monday 730am
Time is such an interesting item to consider. We are born & we live to a pre-determined time age & then we die. Our days & years are in the hands of the Almighty & we are brought to a place where we are allowed to make our peace with Him.. I’m in those last hours now. I can feel the call to go on a long journey. There’s no need to pack any luggage or buy a ticket. If I haven’t prepared by now, there’s not time for even a prayer. If one does not live, from the time he becomes aware, like he is serious about eternity, then a last minute plea to the warden will not save him. To postpone to the very end what you should have taken care of all along is a terrible place to be. I always look out the window to see if the cab is out at the curb. Goodbye!

September 4, 2010 Saturday 12pm
The excitement never comes to the proverbial complete stop. It coasts downhill & rolls through stop signs. It is often seen waving from some other location. Just about the time that I think that there may be substance to the experience, it evaporates as quickly as it arrives. It seems I’m constantly duped into believing that there’s something to it. Foolish expectation + excitement usually end in an elaborate disappointment. I have written little & most of that is nothing more than 420 characters on FB. I get comments from a few faithful followers who stroke my ego & say nice things but in the end, I’m as full of myself as the next guy. We really think we’re something. Here’s something.. The excitement is a poor student & a lousy teacher.

To be continued:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Your Blessings & Thank You