Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Origin of a Lively Stone

I was in Vancouver, WA back in 2006 and went to a small Pentecostal church. As events unfolded and the pastor was speaking on one occasion I was somewhere else. It was my custom to carry a note book along with my bible into every meeting and kept a pencil handy to record any impending epiphany. Questions ensued and the Lord caused me to keep track of prophecies, visions and spontaneous interpretations. I will say that in the early days of understanding the gospel I would indulge in the moment and would prophecy with standard notions, empty speech and verses that came to mind. It would often become a cliché festival among the “prophets” in the service and confusion often resulted. It took a while but I soon learned that the spirit of the prophetically inclined is subject to the person who thinks he’s called to speak on behalf of the Lord. I also learned that the Lord has spoken through the written word and needs no improvement by a clever Charismatic. On one of these occasions later in my exhortation, edification and comfort years I was privileged to be used of God. I wrote the “word” I received that day and asked to speak just prior to the benediction. Such a spontaneous request was not on the menu. Allow me to pass this along to you now as the Lord is the same yesterday, today and even now. As for me I could be gone in a heartbeat.
“As in the moving of a mighty rushing flow, it will not be the large rocks that will be dislodged ( slightly, maybe ) but the small and the light. The smooth stones and pebbles will be moved from their old place to a new place which in and of itself may be permanent or temporary. So remain still and small and light before the Lord. No matter what kind of shape you are in, you will be moved. And to him that overcomes,the Lord will write a new name on a white stone as in Revelation 2:17" 2-23-2006 I didn’t use the standard, “thus sayeth the Lord” routine for effect so please judge this by Paul’s prescription. In time as I pondered the words I had jogged down I asked the Lord for additional insight. I’m not a geologist and can prove very little of what I came to assume but I will list what I came to understand. 1. Flooding causes major change in the environment. Erosion breaks loose new stones that join the flow. Interpretation: The Lord will introduce the otherwise uninitiated into the stream in due time by a flash event or an upheaval in the comfort zone. 2. Stones with rough or sharp edges will begin a smoothing process. Being transformed is inevitable. Interpretation: Obvious. 3. Even a mountain that is removed and cast into the sea can be displaced little by little. The washing of the water by the Word causes time to do wonders with stubborn issues. 4. The white stone in Revelation 2:17 may have been made pure and smooth via hard knocks against other stones. Without stretching an interpretation beyond reason let me add that a stone like that would be more than a token of honor. 5. When a little stone gets stuck it will still be worn smooth due to the rushing power of the flow and will be moved again. Saul was small in his own eyes at first but became an obstacle in the stream later. Eventually, as we lay aside every weight and the sin that does so easily beset us we will be moved by His Spirit, at His leisure and in His time.
I will leave you to search the scripture from here. We have all had enough of placebo prophecies.. I went to see Kim Clement and was cured in a moment as I left the ”worship service.” It was a miracle. I was not infected again by the mega church virus and I was healed on the spot from chasing after signs and wonders.

Postscript: It was Bill Cooper who said; read everything, believe nothing
except what you can prove by honest research and thorough investigation.

Blessings, T.LaVigne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Your Blessings & Thank You