Monday, June 3, 2013

My Autobiography In Five Short Chapters



Chapter 1
     I walked down the street as a teenager. There was a hole near the curb. I inadvertently fell into that hole. I felt helpless. Things looked hopeless and it wasn’t my fault. It’s going to take a while to get out of this but I’m young and can adapt for the time being.

Chapter 2
     I walked down that same street again. I was in my mid twenties.  There was a different hole in the path. I covered my eyes so I didn’t see it. I stumbled in again. I can’t believe that I did that but it’s partly my fault. It’s going to take some time to get out of this.

Chapter 3
     I strolled down the same street again.  I was forty five going on twenty one. There’s a similar hole in the sidewalk and it looks familiar. I know it’s there but I didn’t see it coming.  I jumped into it by no fault of my own and even though I’m older now, this is becoming a habit. I did get out after some struggle.

Chapter 4
     Here I go again down that same street. It’s the direction I always go. There’s a familiar hole that is always in the same place. I stop and look down into the hole as I imagine jumping in again. Finally, I walk around it.

Chapter 5
     I’m much older now and the Lord has given me a solution to the potential problem. I walked down a different street. The end.

Original concept was plagiarized from an unknown author and redone to fit the size of the holes mentioned and the character in question  2002      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Count Your Blessings & Thank You